Warm & Inviting...
A cultural, musical and culinary Mecca with an unmatchable ambiance of poster art, tiffany, aged oak and thousands of books...A specialty coffeehouse cafe with unbelievably delicious menu choices of food and desserts, over 100 hot and cold espresso and other drinks, craft and domestic beers, and solidly good wines and spirits. In a word...FANTASTIC!
"Literally THE best place on Earth. I drive a half hour to come here all the time. The atmosphere is incredibly unique, and the food is amazing. I love the Raven!"
- Rachel, Raven Patron
Check out the architecture and décor – real brick, lavish hardwoods, unique golden faux paint art deco walls, retro poster prints and counter, wall-panel human interest illustrations, stained glass windows, tiffany lighting and a library of over 8000 antique and contemporary books. Sit back and “enjoy” while listening to a vast eclectic array of internet-provided music through a state-of-the-art sound system and live performances Thursday through Saturday nights. Click here to take a virtual tour!
"We love the Raven Cafe! The chai tea is the best, we always buy a large jar of the mix. The laid-back atmosphere, the beautiful interior and the food (tomato bisque soup - yum!) keeps us coming back."
- Cheryl, Raven Patron
The Raven is also a coffeehouse – serving some of the finest specialty coffees, lattés, cappuccinos, real fruit smoothies, flavored coffee “shakes”, hot and blended chai, regular and herbal teas as well as hot and cold Rainforest Yerba Maté Drinks.
"The best coffeehouse I have ever been to. The food is amazing, the drink menu is never ending, and there are hundreds of books to enjoy. Great live music, and the waitstaff is efficient and friendly, but not invasive."
- Elizabeth, Raven Patron
We have worked hard to only introduce to our menu absolutely mouth-watering and unique traditional, deli, baked and grilled sandwiches, awesome “meal-sized” salads, great side dishes, a kid’s menu and the best soup and chili selection to be found – always nine different offerings.
"The first time Ron Patten introduced this place to me three years ago, I was flabbergasted! Such a magical place, and under-advertised Port Huron secret! I love everything about it and tell everyone to be sure to check it out if ever looking for a place to eat in Port Huron. BTW - Your soups are to-die for, especially on a cold winter day! You can be sure we will be back, again and again and again."
- Carol Buswink & Ron Patten, Raven Patrons
Tempting Desserts & Pastries
Carrot cake, cheesecake, pies, dessert bars, fudge brownies and cookies, homemade biscuit strawberry shortcake, muffins, bagels, biscotti and terrific ice cream sundaes will satisfy the cravings of your sweet tooth.
Beer, Wine & Cocktails
Including 8 microbrewery specialty beers on tap, a nice selection of wines and seventy to eighty cocktail concoctions.
The Raven is an inspiring place. Every time I bring someone there they absolutely love it. The Raven will save Port Huron.
- Clare Frederick, Melvin, MI
Highlights of Interest
- The Raven (opened December 2nd, 2002) is the end product of an 8-year restoration of an authentic Civil War era building.
- We serve four varieties of specialty grade Arabica drip coffees as well as regular and decaf espresso drinks.
- Our coffees are 100% specialty grade, sourced from around the world.
- Our teas and herbal drinks are provided by California-based Numi Teas, made from whole leaf teas and all natural herbs.
- Our Yerba Maté is sourced from the Guayakí rainforest cooperative preserve in Paraguay and is of the highest quality.
- Our eclectic array of recorded music is delivered to you over a custom sound system utilizing high speed internet and accessing millions of recordings.
- Live music with musicians from all over Michigan and other states is provided Thursday through Saturday. The current schedule with biographies can be viewed here.
- Browse through over 8000 select antique and contemporary books on the Raven’s bookshelves.
- Free high speed DSL wireless internet access for laptop users.